A Love tale - without Age barrier

“She was looking beautiful in that pink Sari. You know her long black hair was playing around her cheeks. She touched her dimples and redirected her hair behind the ear. I was going to touch her and then…” I revealed.

“Then?” my friend Ruturaj asked.

“Then, The mobile rang and your call spoiled my sleep and I woke up.”  I replied angrily by looking at him.

He (Ruturaj) laughed. After cracking a few jokes on me, he handed me the money and said, “You’re seriously going crazy, dude. Anyway, take this 500 INR.”

“Thanks man.” I replied.

Then, I went to my home and took out the 2000 INR which I have collected. After counting the total money, I went to the market and bought the pink Sari in 2400 INR.

I bought it to gift someone. So I gift wrapped it and walked to the courier shop. Then paid 100 INR for local express courier. When I  was confused what to write in the field of from, I noticed a boy playing with the Santa Claus toy around.

Without thinking about anything else, I  wrote, “Secret Santa.” and completed the courier formalities.

The very next day, woke up early and reached my college. I was the first who reached at college among any other students. My eyes were finding someone, but failed to connect with that person.

Finally, I found her. She was entering inside the college building. She was wearing that pink sari which was gifted and she was looking as beautiful as I imagined in my dream. Then we both were walking towards each other.

My heart beats at its peak and my legs were walked a few steps faster, reached to her and said, “Good evening. I mean, Good morning, ma’am.”

She was none other than one of our zoology professor XYZ, she stopped, gave me a smile and said, “Good morning Dev. How are you?”

Before I could answer, someone tapped on her shoulder and she turned back.

“I guess you forgot this launch Box intentionally so I can come after you.” A tall and handsome guy said to Mrs XYZ.

She smiled widen and answered, “You got me.”

Then, she introduced that guy to me by saying, “Dev, meet my secret Santa, my husband Mr. ABC.”

When I heard those words, I felt jealous, sad, broken and what not.

“Secret Santa? Now, what’s that?” Mr. ABC asked as if he heard those words for first time.

“You and your surprises. Nothing, I’ll tell you later in the evening and you will agree. Anyway, you should go. You’re already late for office.” She said.

“Oh yeah. I should.” Mr.ABC added his words and said bye to both of us.

Then, she looked at me and said, “So Dev, it’s the last day of your batch in college. Do stay in touch with your professors. ”


After hearing such unexpected words from her, I wanted to smirk as the moment was hard for me to react anything. But, somehow, I managed to smile. I smiled and said, “Sure, I’ll, ma’m. Anyway, here’s your favorite novel which I took for reading, without your prior permission. ”

She smiled and disturbed my bushy hairstyle and replied "I knew, how much you attracted towards it, Did you learn anything from it?"

I nodded my head and handed that book to her, and with almost teary eyes i turned back and never tried to contact her ever after that day. It was the last day of my college and maybe the last day of my love too. I realized that I was late by the fate. Now I am thinking, how innocent that feelings was !

But, there was a page added inside the book given to Mrs XYZ which read, “Love you ma’m.
Yours,
Secret Santa.”


P.S - All are fictional characters there are no link between any real life characters with this story.

Comments